K1050X RF Plasma Etcher/Asher/Cleaner
The K1050X is a modern, solid-state RF plasma barrel reactor designed to meet the requirements of research and development and small-scale production for a wide and varied range of plasma etching, plasma ashing and plasma cleaning applications.
Built to withstand heavy use - 24 hours a day for some plasma ashing schedules - the K1050X RF Plasma Barrel Reactor features microprocessor control with automatic operation and offers durability and simplicity of operation. Barrel systems plasma etch or plasma ash isotropically (in all directions) and are suitable for a wide range of applications.
The K1050X uses a low pressure RF-induced gaseous discharge to modify specimen surfaces or remove specimen material in a gentle, controlled way. A significant advantage over alternative methods is that the plasma etching and ashing processes are dry (no wet chemicals are needed) and take place at relatively low temperatures.
A wide range of surface modification methods are available, using a variety of process gases. Using oxygen (or air) as the process gas, the molecules disassociate into chemically active atoms and molecules and the resulting ‘combustion’ products are conveniently carried away in the gas stream by the vacuum system.
• For RF plasma etching, ashing and cleaning processes
• Drawer type specimen stage - gives easy convenient specimen access
• Micro-controller: fully programmable by the operator - easy, flexible operation
• Fully-automatic operation
• Modern solid state 100 W 13.56 MHz RF power supply - rugged and reliable
• Two gas flow meters - allows precise control and mixing of process gases, especially useful for plasma etching processes
• Vent control - minimal specimen disturbance - especially useful for fine plasma-ashed specimens
• Turbomolecular pumped version available (K1050XT)
Plasma etching, plasma ashing and plasma cleaning applications are varied and numerous - here are some examples:
• Asbestos and man-made mineral fibre and asbestos detection using plasma ashing preparation techniques
• Plasma etching (removal) of photoresist and epi-layers
• Low temperature plasma ashing of organic materials (e.g. epoxy resins, filters, foodstuff, etc)
• Surface treatment of plastics for hydrophobic to hydrophilic conversion
• Improving painting and inking characteristics of plastics
• Plasma etching and plasma ashing of organic specimens for SEM and TEM examination
• Plasma cleaning of SEM, TEM and SPM parts
This product is for Research Use Only
When using RF plasma equipment the following precautions are necessary with regard to rotary pumps and exhaust gases:
• If the process gas is oxygen it is essential that Fomblin - a non-hydrocarbon oil - is used. This requires the use of a Fomblinised pump.
• For process gases that contain fluorine or chlorine, precautions must be taken for the safe removal of exhaust gases from the pump as they may contain free halogens.
• Some etching gases - such as sulphur hexafluoride - require special rotary pump oils. If in doubt please contact us or the manufacturers of the rotary pump.
The K1050X is one of Quorum Technologies internationally acclaimed scientific instruments. For plasma etching, plasma ashing and plasma cleaning applications, the K1050X or K1050XT RF Plasma Etcher/Asher/Cleaner with built-in turbomolecular pumping is your desirable item.
Nanjing Tansi Technology Co.,Ltd.
TEL： 025-85432178， 025-85432278
ADD：2-728b, Hongqiao center, new City Plaza, 281 Zhongshan North Road, Nanjing
Tansi Beijing Office
ADD：No.15, information road, Haidian District, Beijing