E3100 Critical Point Dryer
The E3100 large chamber critical point dryer has been an industry standard for over 35 years and is used in numerous scanning electron microscopy (SEM) laboratories around the world. Primarily used for critical drying of biological and geological specimens, the E3100 can also used for the controlled drying MEMs, aerogels and hydrogels.
The design of the E3100 features a large, horizontal pressure chamber. The chamber has an external water jacket for temperature control and specimens are introduced via a removable rear door. The front of the chamber is fitted with a 25 mm diameter window which gives an unsurpassed view of the liquid level during the critical point drying process.
Dial gauges display pressure in the chamber and the temperature of water circulating through the jacket. Three pressure valves permit easy connection to the liquid CO2 cylinder and allow liquid agitation and venting of the chamber.
A source of hot running water is essential. Cooling is also useful, especially for sequential critical point drying process runs and/or in laboratories where the room temperature may be high. The temperature of the E3100 chamber is raised with a hot water supply. Mains water can be used but a more elegant method involves the use of the optional recirculating Heater/Chiller which can be used to pre-cool the chamber to below ambient temperature prior to loading specimens and then to heat the chamber to the critical temperature.
• Proven reliability - over 6,000 critical point dryer installations world-wide
• Simple robust construction - easy to maintain - many critical point dryer users carry out their own routine maintenance
• Horizontal chamber and large viewing window - excellent visibility of the fluid level and drying process
• Safety - the design has been independently type tested to proof pressures in excess of the working pressure and bursting disc rupture pressure
• Specimen handling - optional specimen holders for coverslips and TEM grids. Porous pots are available for fragile or very small specimens
Our CPD product range included the K850 critical point dryer with vertical chamber. The larger K850WM model is designed for semiconductor applications and will dry a 6" wafer. We also offer two EM freeze dryers, the K750X freeze dryer uses peltier cooling and operates under rotary-pumped vacuum. For more demanding applications, the K775X freeze dryer is cooled by liquid nitrogen and uses turbomolecular pumping. These drying products are for Research Use Only.
Nanjing Tansi Technology Co.,Ltd.
ADD：2-728b, Hongqiao center, new City Plaza, 281 Zhongshan North Road, Nanjing