Nanometer Pattern Generation System
The Nanometer Pattern Generation System is the top selling SEM lithography system at research institutions in North America and its use has become widespread around the world. The objective for NPGS is to provide a powerful, versatile, and easy to use system for doing advanced electron beam lithography or ion beam lithography using a commercial SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope), STEM (Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope), FIB (Focused Ion Beam), dual beam (SEM/FIB), or Helium Ion microscope(HIM).
The NPGS provides a user-friendly environment for the delineation of complex structures using a commercial electron microscope. Virtually any SEM, STEM, or FIB can be used with NPGS as a powerful lithography tool for basic research and R&D applications. While no SEM lithography system can provide the speed and stitching accuracy of a dedicated beam writer, the advanced features of NPGS make it an ideal choice when e-beam lithography is needed, but the cost of a dedicated beam writer (or a modified SEM that is sold as a dedicated system) is prohibitive. Also, for many basic research applications, the capabilities of NPGS make it the preferred instrument, as shown by the fact that several customers have purchased NPGS even though they already have access to expensive beam writers.
• NPGS - Version 9.1, with selectable Chinese Help
• DesignCAD Express v21.2 (five copies included).
• High speed, high resolution PCIe516 lithography board.
• Cables to connect NPGS to microscope.
• Optional relay or switch to share SEM input with another accessory, typically an EDX system.
• Workstation PC with 32 or 64 bit Win7/10 Pro
• Fast Beam Blanker. Slow Beam Shutter or no blanker will also work.
• Faraday Cup & Picoammeter for Measuring Beam Current (0.1 pA resolution or better; typically Keithley 6485).
The user should supply
SEM, STEM, FIB, HIM (Helium Ion Microscope), or dual SEM/FIB with:
1. XY External Scan Control Input (within +/- 3 to +/- 10 volts, >2k ohms).
2. Image Signal Output (within +/- 10 volts).
3. A dual SEM/FIB can have both beams controlled by NPGS, but only one at a time where either a software or hardware switch (depending on microscope model) will select the writing mode.
4. Scan Rotation Option & Fine Z stage control to ~1um.( Recommended)
5. Automated Stage: interface programs for several common automated stages are available at no charge. Any automated stage can be supported, if the serial interface protocol is available. Digital Microscope Control: interface programs for several common digital microscopes are available at no charge. Any digital microscope can be supported, if the serial interface protocol is available. (Recommended)
6. Stray AC less than 3x10-7 Tesla(p-p); Magnetic shielding for chamber or active field cancelling system can reduce interference.
7. Vibration less than 2x10-6 meters(p-p) over 5 Hz.
It should be noted that cold cathode FE SEMs tend to have a significant drift and noise in the beam current which can be a problem for lithography. NPGS does include a feature to help minimize the effect of beam drift, but it cannot eliminate the drift itself and cannot reduce the noise. Consequently, this feature is not very effective for cFE SEMs, but is intended for very long exposures with a LaB6 or W source, for example, when thousands of exposures are done using an automated stage.
Almost any SEM or STEM can be used with NPGS to perform e-beam lithography. The following is an alphabetical list of the microscopes that have been used with NPGS.
• Amray 1200, 1400, 1830 SEMs
• Amray 1840, 1845, 1850 FE-SEMs
• Cambridge Instruments S120, S200, S240, S250, S360 SEMs
• Camscan Series 4 SEM
• Elionix ERA-8800
• FEI XL30-W, XL30-LaB6, XL40-W SEM
• FEI XL30 FEG, XL30 SFEG FE-SEMs
• FEI XL30 ESEM FEG FE-SEM
• FEI Inspect S, Quanta SEMs
• FEI Inspect F, Quanta FEG, FEG ESEM FE-SEMs
• FEI Sirion, NanoSEM, Magellan, Teneo, Apreo, Quattro FE-SEM
• FEI Quanta 3D Dual W, Ion Beam Microscope
• FEI Strata 235/237/620/810/820 Dual FE & Ion Beam Microscope
• FEI Quanta 3D, Nova Nanolab, Helios, Scios Dual FE & Ion Beam Microscope
• Hitachi S510, S570 SEMs
• Hitachi S2460N SEM
• Hitachi S2300, S2400, S2500 Delta, S2700 SEMs
• Hitachi S3000H, S3000N, S3400, S3500N SEMs
• Hitachi S4000, S4100, S4200, S4500, S4700, S4800 cFE-SEMs
• Hitachi S4300SE FE-SEM
• Hitachi SU1510, SU3500 SEM
• Hitachi SU6600, SU70, SU5000 FE-SEMs
• Hitachi HD2700 STEM
• Hitachi FB2000A FIB
• ISI 60 SEM
• JEOL 1200EX STEM
• JEOL 820, 840, 845, 848 SEMs
• JEOL 5400, 5600, 5800, 5900, 5910, 6360, 6460 , 6380, 6480, 6390, 6490, 5700, 6010, 6510, 6610 (also LV versions) SEMs
• JEOL IT100, IT300, IT500 SEMs
• JEOL 6100, 6300, 6400, 6600 SEMs
• JEOL 840F, 6300F, 6340F, 6400F, 7401F, 7500F cFE-SEMs
• JEOL 6500F, 7000F, 7001F, 7100F, 7200F, 7600F, 7800F FE-SEMs
• JEOL 4501
• Leica S440 SEM
• LEO S430, S438, S440 SEMs
• LEO 1430, 1430VP SEMs
• LEO 982, 1525, 1530, 1550 (also VP versions) FE-SEMs
• Philips 501 SEM
• Philips EM420 STEM
• Philips CM-20 STEM
• Philips XL-20, XL-30 SEMs
• Tescan Vega SEM
• Tescan Mira FE-SEM
• Tescan Lyra Dual FE & Ion Beam Microscope
• Topcon SM 350 SEM
• Zeiss 940A, 960A SEM
• Zeiss EVO SEM
• Zeiss Orion He Ion Microscope
• Zeiss/LEO Supra, Ultra, Sigma, Merlin, GeminiSEM (also VP versions) FE-SEMs
• Zeiss/LEO Auriga, Neon, Crossbeam 1540 Dual FE & Ion Beam Microscope
If models that are not shown, may actually be the same as a model already in use with NPGS. Please call or send e-mail if you need.
SEM lithography can be used for the fabrication of a wide variety of devices and IC integrated circuit pattern. Research areas include:
• Quantum structures, such as single electron transistors;
• Optical structures, such as binary holograms and linear/circular gratings;
• Electro-mechanical structures, such as Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) and MEMS devices;
• The testing of novel resists and ultra-small sensor fabrication.
Pattern sizes may range from the nanometer scale up to the maximum field of view of the microscope, which can be as large as 10 mm. However, as on any SEM lithography system, the writing resolution will decrease as the field size is increased.
This product is for Research Use Only.
Note: NPGS system usually needs to be used in combination with electrostatic field fast beam blanker (PCD beam blanker from Deben UK, or 890 beam blanker from Scanservice USA) and 6485 Picoammeter (Keithley USA). Before doing EBL, Spin Coater and Hotplate are needed to be used. After EBL, Gold Evaporator or Sputter Coater is also needed. For details, please click the corresponding link.
Nanjing Tansi Technology Co.,Ltd.
ADD：2-728b, Hongqiao center, new City Plaza, 281 Zhongshan North Road, Nanjing